Friday, November 18, 2011

A Girl I Met


This was another that I made at the creative writing competition at Antaragni '11( IIT Kanpur). Though it was only an eight lined poem, it was a really demanding one as it was to be drafted based on certain parameters. 
  •   The rhyme scheme was to be ABaAabAB, that is, the first, fourth and seventh line of the poem have to rhyme and similarly for the second and the last line.
  •  The poem was based on ASTASIAS, i.e. the first line starts with A, the next with S, then with T and so on

                                      A girl I met, couldn’t help but stare
                              Sober though she dressed, looked very divine
                              The rose red cheeks, on a face milk white
                              And all I could do, was wish we were a pair
                                She noticed me gazing with all my might
                                I saw her smile back; and couldn’t resist
                              Asked her for company, pulled her a chair,
                         She was what I wanted and it was my time to shine
            

4 comments:

  1. This is what happens when I try to rhyme desperately :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will kill to know what happened afterwards.
    Friendzone or Boyfriendzone? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. V3, knowing my track records, you should have guessed by now.. :-p

    ReplyDelete